Friday, August 27, 2010

Seasoned Pork Chops

Since we can't use breadcrumbs any more (grains), I tried something new tonight, I tweaked this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/e-z-seasoned-bread-crumbs-28421.  I used our flour combo (Arrowroot, Buckwheat & Quinoa Flours Combo) and added the following:
1/2 t Onion Powder
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/2 t Basil
1/2 t Parsley Flakes
1/2 t Italian Seasoning
1/4 t Salt
1/2 t Pepper (my hubby LOVES pepper)

The only thing I left out of the recipe was sugar, by accident, I forgot, I was going to add some agave to the egg mixture to give a slight sweetness to the mixture.   I also added the basil as I found it in another bread crumb recipe.

Then dredged the meat in eggs & then coated with the flour seasoning, and fried with Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the stove top.  It turned out pretty good....I'll let you know what hubby thought of it.

We also had Mixed Veggies, (I picked out & tossed the corn individually --> in the future we will buy the mixes without corn we had just bought this on Saturday) & a Garden Salad w/Romaine/Spring Mix, shredded carrots, shredded radishes, cheese, and a chopped fresh garden tomato.  See living Grain Free can be yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are Rob & Heather, have been happily married for 8 years. Well the day before (August 23rd, 2010) Rob's 40th Birthday we got some scary news from the Dr, he felt that Rob is sensitive/allergic to grains and they were creating a constant inflammatory process in his body. So this is our journey to be Healthy while Living Grain Free! What exactly is a grain free diet? Click Here to see what a Grain Free Diet is All About

Favorite Substitutions

These are some of our favorite substitutions:
When we say we use Baking Powder we use a substitution
Baking Powder Substitution
Our Favorite Sugar Substitute: ZSweet Natural Sweetener
Replacement for regular flour